ENG

Theaters

Locations NID Platform 2017:

Museo di Santa Chiara
Santa Chiara Museum is a wonderful venue in the town centre of Gorizia. The palace, which dates back to the 16th century and used to belong to the Order of the Clares, has recently been restored preserving all its original features. The palace hosts exhibitions on a regular basis, a library, and the headquarters of NID Platform, where operators and artists meet.

Teatro comunale Giuseppe Verdi
The main theatre in town has more than 250 years of history. Established in 1740, rebuilt at the end of the 18th century after a fire and renovated many times over the years, this Italian-style theatre was converted into a “Cine-theatre” during the 1930s and used almost only for film screenings until 1986. Nowadays the theatre, with 676 seats, is the reasult of the last restoration, which aimed to combine the 19th-century spirit with the rationalist style of the 1930s.

Kulturni Dom
The Kulturni Dom is a versatile venue which hosts modern music shows, meetings with authors and exhibitions. Its main hall with 228 seats is ideal for contemporary art creations which require an intimate space.

Kulturni Center Lojze Bratuž
Established as the headquarters of the Slovenian community in Gorizia, in 1996 this cultural centre was dedicated to the Slovenian composer, organist and choirmaster Lojze Bratuž, who died after the attack of a Fascist paramilitary squad. Nowadays it is an important cultural, educational, leisure and sports centre. The main hall has 284 seats and a stage which can be easily used for many different purposes.

Teatro Nazionale Sloveno di Nova Gorica
The Slovenian National Theatre of Nova Gorica – Slovensko narodno gledališče Nova Gorica – was built in 1994 and declared Institution of national interest in 2004. It has two theatre halls and a large foyer.

Palazzo de Grazia
Palazzo de Grazia is located in via Oberdan, at the intersection with Corso Verdi, on the road which was created folowing the XVIIIth-century expansion of the city of Gorizia. The earliest documentation concerning this historic building is a planimetry dating back to 1791, which represents the estate upon its division between Baron de Tacco and Mr. Atanasio Degrazia: the latter had in fact married Clementina Coronini Cronberg, daughter of Giovanbattista’s, from the San Pietro branch of the noble goritian family; and thus the estate and the palace became officially a property of the Degrazia family, acquiring its name.